Finance & Operations Manager Position
Both Hands Foundation’s mission is to fulfill James 1:27 by serving orphans, widows and Christian adoptive families. If you want to make a lasting impact, see your work as more than just a job, and work alongside an enthusiastic team, this position is for you!
The Finance & Operations Manager is a new role at Both Hands to help better ensure the success of our adoptive family and group projects. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will oversee Both Hands’ financials through preparation of financial statements, reconciliation of accounts, processing payroll and completing other accounting related tasks.
Your insight will be valuable in helping Both Hands increase efficiencies and continue to implement financial best practices. The ideal candidate must excel at maintaining detailed financial records and improving efficiencies through consolidating and analyzing data using our contact database. In addition to managing our families’ fundraising accounts, you’ll also oversee the data entry and depositing of donations and providing payouts of those funds. Exceptional organizational skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and a Christ-like attitude are key to this role, in addition to having a passion for widows and orphans and living out James 1:27.
- Lead development of financial plans and statements while maintaining GAAP and nonprofit accounting best practices
- Work alongside the Executive Director and Board Treasurer to prepare quarterly treasurer’s report for Board of Directors
- Lead annual audit preparation and work alongside the Executive Director and auditors to prepare 990 tax filing
- Work alongside the Executive Director through annual budget process
- Manage accounts payable and receivables
- Review and approve classification of monthly credit card expenditures
- Maintain and continually improve organization of financial records and processes
- Create and maintain detailed financials for each project fundraising account
- Prepare weekly account reports for our Project Coordinator to send to families and project managers, when needed
- Prepare and issue payments (grants) for project accounts and verify all payment submissions and reimbursements meet IRS guidelines
- Reconcile payouts between financial reports, Both Hands bank accounts, and database for each Both Hands fundraising account
- Communicate with our Project Coordinator and our families when needed regarding account balances, payouts and reimbursements
- Operations & HR:
- Maintain organization accreditations (ECFA, GuideStar, CharityNavigator, CAFO)
- Oversee HR functions including processing payroll, benefits, government requirements and annual registration renewals, etc.
- Responsible for sending out year-end donor tax statements in January
- Become the team expert regarding our current contact database (Kindful) and use the system daily for data entry and to create various reports as needed
- Assisting the Executive Director with various administrative tasks when needed to fulfill the mission of Both Hands
- Organization of office files and documents
- Contribute to weekly devotions and staff meetings, providing financial updates o Participate in occasional team-building activities, local Both Hands projects (if needed) and potential travel to 2-3 conferences per year
- Assist with Both Hands’ annual fundraising campaigns and sending letters (mainly including our spring Vision Project and year-end giving campaign)
- Must be proficient in QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Excel, and Google Suite applications
- Database experience (Kindful or other CRM) and nonprofit experience strongly preferred
- A lifestyle consistent with a thriving Christian faith
- Possess a servant’s heart, entrepreneurial spirit and winning drive
- Creative problem solver, attention to detail and enjoy working with a collaborative team
- Must have valid driver license and be willing to run minimal errands when needed
- This is a full time position located in Nashville, TN
Ready to Apply?
Fill out the form below to email our Executive Director about your interest in this position. Please attach your Resume. A cover letter is not necessary at this time.